1) Possibility to adjust tags on files without the need of adding them to the database
2) Folder synchronization for more simplified synchronization with external devices
3) Gapless playback
Please rank your answers in order 1-4, with most important first, e.g.:
For other features not included in this survey, please post them as separate tickets.
Thank in advance you for your participation!
>>@Emil: I tested some visualizations that works on my machine (not all of them did earlier) and they still >>works with the beta.
Ok thank you.. only for interest ;)
What I am missing in the new version comparing to former ones:
1.Playlist management is gone - big loss!
2. Tag editor, explorer, split screen active playlist and explorer, add to playlist...etc.
3. S/W is less stable than version 10 (hanging during party is really fun :(
4.The GUI is less professional (I really hate it), you are not able to connect/move bars
5. database optimization, repair, definiiton of user defined genres
6. no chance to integrate external players or tools, now playing export,
7. still no prelisten to 2nd soundcard
For me the version 12 is a good argument to stay with version 10!
With best regards Jörg
Thanks for your feedback.
First of all, please note that the survey related only to the four suggested topics.
Some comments follows:
1) In Helium 12, a whole view is available for this, compared to just a small "node" in Helium 11 and earlier versions.
2) Not sure exactly what you refer to, but the listed features are available (at least in Helium 12.3 beta which reintroduced the MyComputer view)
3) This is something we need to have more reproduction details for. Which specific functions it relates to as well as which operating system, database, number of tracks in database you are using.
4) Sorry, this is how the new UI will look.
5) Database optimization exists, same for repair. Not sure what you mean with "user defined genres", genres is a free text-field that allows arbitary input.
6) Sorry, external players is nothing we will support anymore since they all were outdated. Instead we have created a new playing engine with a lot of features (12.3 beta).
7) This needs to be described more, we are not sure what you refer to.
As mentioned earlier, Helium 11 and earlier versions cannot be supported anymore due to legacy technologies used. We can no longer even compile the code.
For the open questions and issues (especially #3), please contact us at http://support.imploded.com with additional details and we will help you out further.
>>4.The GUI is less professional (I really hate it), you are not able to connect/move bars
The GUI is perfect and adapted to newer Windows Versions.
>>6) Sorry, external players is nothing we will support anymore since they all were outdated. Instead we >>have created a new playing engine with a lot of features (12.3 beta).
This is good and should not be changed.
@Mikael wow thank you for version 12.3. did not expect the browse computer feature to be reintroduced so soon. i'm currently testing it now and will give feedback when necessary.