Start a new topic
Implemented

Disable upgrade screen nag when opening HMM 12

Is there anyway to disable to nag screen telling me to upgrade to 13.0 when I launch the application? I missed the window to get a free upgrade to 13.0 and it's fairly annoying to have the application telling me to upgrade every time I launch it considering I would need to pay in order to do so. I have been a paid user since around version 8.0 and do plan to upgrade to 13.0 sometime in the future but it would be nice to get the nag screen to go away.

Hello,

Can you please attach a screenshot of the screen showing up so that we can give you a better answer?

Multiple screens can show up depending on various things, therefore we need to know which exact screen it relates to.

Thanks.

Thanks for the screenshot.

Can you please try to uncheck Options > General > "Enable automatic update checks" to see if it helps?

Hi, Mikael --

I am having the same issue with Ver. 15. Even though I AM running ver. 15, I still have the "nag screen" inviting me to update. I know I can uncheck the "Enable automatic update checks" in Options, but that is merely a workaround, and will keep me from knowing when you make an update to my current version. I'm surprised the program doesn't check the current version before displaying the nag screen.

Thanks,

Harry

Nag.PNG
(11.6 KB)
Ver15.PNG
(300 KB)

Hello Harry,

Yes, you are indeed using Helium 15, but not the most recent official version which is 15.0.17802.0.

If you update to that build, the message won't be shown anymore. (Just tested)

1 person likes this

Brilliant! Thank you. :) The nag screen usually says something along the lines of "A new version is available; you have version 14.3 and the newest is 14.7" but this just says a generic "15."

I am having another issue (with Streamer), but will lodge another ticket.

Thank you so much for being a REAL person. This is why I have continued to support your product for well over a decade and have been very happy with it.

Thanks for your feedback. We will see if the full version number can be shown in the upgrade dialog.

This will be fixed in the next release, but please note that it will first take affect AFTER you have installed the next release :)

Login or Signup to post a comment