Start a new topic
Answered

Switching from 11.5 to the latest Version

Hi,

I still work with 11.5 and so far I'm happy and dont have problems. I have to confess that the new interface is scaring me a little bit off. I dont really want to learn new and recreating all my templates and stuff.

but...

what could be a good argument to switch to the new Interface?

Is the latest Version faster on my 6Core Xeon3690 than the old 11.5??

Best Answer

Hello,

Some functions might be significally faster since the new version uses threading and mutiple cores better.

Other functions may run at the same speed but at the same time handle much more data (the new views allows much more visualising of data)

And templates are unfortunately not compatible, a migration of the database is possible.

One of the major reasons why you should upgrade is that Helium 11 is no longer supported, meaning that no new features or bug fixes will be implemented for that version.

The same also applies to download plug-ins and other related functionallity which might stop or have stopped working.

My best advice is that you try the new version to see if you think it's worth the migration.

If you have any in-detail questions, feel free to contact us over our support.

1 Comment

Answer

Hello,

Some functions might be significally faster since the new version uses threading and mutiple cores better.

Other functions may run at the same speed but at the same time handle much more data (the new views allows much more visualising of data)

And templates are unfortunately not compatible, a migration of the database is possible.

One of the major reasons why you should upgrade is that Helium 11 is no longer supported, meaning that no new features or bug fixes will be implemented for that version.

The same also applies to download plug-ins and other related functionallity which might stop or have stopped working.

My best advice is that you try the new version to see if you think it's worth the migration.

If you have any in-detail questions, feel free to contact us over our support.

Login or Signup to post a comment