Start a new topic

Update to 14.3.16262.0

Hello,

I've updated to the new version 14.3.16262.0. Since then I have had two problems.

1. I cannot see any album covers in nthe general album view and when I take a look at anartist. When I take a look at an album the cover is still there. If I take a look at all covers without pictures there are no albums without covers. 

2. I am just working on my artists. First I look which artist doesn't have a picture. Then I click on all artist and complete this artist. Until yesterday I could work on the next artist in row. Since today Helium jumps back to the beginning of the list of all artist. So I must change to artists without pictures and then again to all artists.

Greetings

Michael

Hello,

It seems like something might be not fully correct with your image cache.

If you open %ProgramData%\Imploded Software\cache in Windows Explorer and browse through the subfolders, can you then see any valid album images?

If possible, please provide screenshots of how it looks on your machine.

Hello,

the path to the image cache is on an external drive, where all the pictures from Helium are storde (G:\Helium Music Manager\Cache) and valid album images are to be seen (names: alb_1.jpg, alb_2.jpg and son.)

If I copy an ablum to a new folder, the I can see the cover again.

The same happens if I add new albums to Helium.

Greetings

Michael

We have made changes to where cache files are stored in this release. They are now stored under this folder:

C:\ProgramData\Imploded Software\cache

Under this folder there is a sub folder for each database you have used (normally only one). Within this folder there are many folders with numbers and inside these are the actual album or artist pictures.

Does these pictures look OK or are there only "standard" pictures (empty record)?

Hello Fredrik,

there is no such folder in my system. The other folder is about 20 GB - so i would have problems if it was in my C-drive.

The cache is on an external drive, with all the pictures.

Is the subfolder in the cache folder the name of the database?

Greetings

Michael

A 20 GB cache folder sounds like something is wrong, unless you have a REALLY big music collection?

The sub folder is not the name of the database but a custom name which will be unique across databases. This allows for much quicker switching between databases as the cache does not need to be refreshed each time the databaes is changed.

Don't you have this folder?

%PROGRAMDATA%\Imploded Software\cache

Yes, my collection is big - I'm a little bit older ;-)

I don't have this cache-folder in the program folder, it is on my external drive. All my pictures are on this external drive.

Greetings

MIchael

You must have this folder in the latest release of Helium because that's where we put the cache files:

%PROGRAMDATA%\Imploded Software\cache 

Have you moved system folders in Windows to your other drive, or is it just Helium specific folders?

No, i don't have this folder - and I did'nt move it anywhere. I a previous version I Could choose the place of storage an it stayed there until now - because my system drive is not that big.

Greetings

Michael

The update to the new version was rathr problematic because windows didn't let me overwrite old files; so I had to rename several old files in order to update

Found the folder now - this is only 1.22 GB but all the files are black as in the picture above - not really covers. Can I move Helium without problem to another drive? And after that is it possible to copy the other folder into this cahce-folder?

Greetings

Michael

Just a remark. It seems that I'm running the 32bit version of Helium (the process is Helium App.exe*32) but the folder is in the folder fpr 64bit programs.

Greetings

Michael

There is only a 32-bit version of Helium. It is installed in this folder by default:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Imploded Software\Helium 14

If you have it in your "Program Files" (without the x86 folder) you have likely overriden the default settings.

Regarding the cache folder. This should be seen as a Helium internal folder and should never need to be used by the user. What Helium does is that it takes your original pictures (if they are correctly linked in the database) and creates small thumbnails in the cache folder.

If album covers cannot be found or point to the wrong directory (e.g. if you have moved your music folder sometime after adding your music to the Helium database) the cache folders will have many empty (or default) images.

If you can create a support ticket and send us a backup of your Helium database we can help with finding out where Helium looks for your album pictures.

Login or Signup to post a comment