Update for Helium 14.9 and our apps are now available

Android:

Helium Streamer

Version: 5.0

Updated: 2021-01-25

Helium Remote

Version: 5.01

Updated: 2021-01-24

Are these the latest releases or does Google need some more time?

Those are the latest versions, they have been out a few days for pre-testing phase, but not yet officially announced. 

... keeping fingers crossed that the new phone app works with my Pixel 3 XL :)

... well I gave the app a try ... it does not work very well on a Pixel 3 XL with latest android version :(

Logs on to Streamer with no issues but try playing a track, no joy :(

Playing a full album is a hit and miss :(

The issue seems to be with file type, Flac files are hit & miss, MP3's so far play with no issue

I would really like to use this app but the issues make it not a go to app, I'll stick with Subsonic until we have a solution :)

Alan.

We have not tested it on a Pixel 3 XL device, but with devices running on Android 10 and 11.

I think you should try to open a bug report with a reproduction guide, it seems from what you describe might relate to the backend service somehow.

We did some smoke tests with some random FLAC files (which shall be transcoded on the server to MP3) and that worked well.

Thanks for the quick reply Mikael, I'll look into the backend and do further testing before doing a bug report :)

Alan.

Hello friends! A nice new version of Helium Streamer 5 for Android. I like the speed of switching between tracks, the speed of starting a track. Like the new Volume section. I like the updated interface. Great job !

Login or Signup to post a comment