The player in Helium is located at the bottom of the window.
Just above the player is the position slider located. The standard look of it is a normal slider, but this can be changed so that a waveform of the track or a spectrogram is shown instead.
To change the look of the position slider to a graphical position bar, click View > Show graphical position bar. Right-click the graphical position bar to change it's properties.
The player contains the following components, from left to right:
- Back, plays the previous track in the Play queue
- Next, skips to the next track in the Play queue
- Album image. Click the image to show it larger in the buttons navigation bar.
- Time played/total time. Click time played to toggle between elapsed and remaining time
- Three information lines about the currently playing track. This information can be configured from Tools > Options > Visual > Player information.
- Button which toggles visualizations on/off
- Auto queue on/off. Right-click the icon to quickly change Auto queue mode.
- Crossfade on/off
- Play queue view, displays the Play queue view unless it is docked in the Right pane
- Volume control, click the speaker icons to quickly set the volume to 0% or 100%
- Tempo control. Make the playback run up to 30% slower or 30% faster. If the track contains BPM, the resulting BPM will be shown below the slider.
- Toggle favourite track
- Rating control
- Drop-zone. Click this button to set the default playlist. If tracks or releases are dragged and dropped to this control, the contents will automatically be added to the selected default playlist.