Before starting the Helium Streamer installation, please make sure that Helium is installed and working on the same computer where you want to install Helium Streamer.
After having purchased the Helium Streamer you will receive a download link and license details. Please download the installer from the provided link and launch it.
The installation procedure is simply a matter of following the on-screen information and choosing a location for where you want to install the Helium Streamer (the default location will work for most users).
On the last step of the installation process there is a checkbox which lets you start the Helium Streamer Launcher which is preselected. Click Finish to start the launcher.
The Helium Streamer Launcher gives you easy access to the Helium Streamer and also gives information on how to configure apps for streaming (there are apps for Android, iPhone, Windows Phone and Windows Store).
The launcher is also where you configure the Helium Streamer.
Most settings are automatically configured by looking up where your Helium library is located.
If you just want to skip ahead and take the Helium Streamer for a test drive, first make sure you have entered your licence information on the Licence page. Once this is done, go back to the General page and click the link next to the Address on LAN label to launch the Helium Streamer on your web browser.
If you want to dive into the details of configuring Helium Streamer, let's have a look at the first screen, General.
This screen contains the following information:
- Status overview of whether the Helium Streamer service is running and the Helium library has been found. If the Status label says Running all is good.
- Web browser access addresses. These are clickable links provided for easy access to launch a web browser to access Helium Streamer. There are two different addresses here and it's important to understand the difference.
- Address on LAN is the address that you can use while at home, inside your own home network (or local area network - LAN). It can be used from the same computer as you have installed Helium Streamer on, or from any other computer on your home network, as long as no firewall is blocking the access. Please see the troubleshooting article for more information.
- Address over the Internet is the address that you can use to access the Helium Streamer while away from home. This address can be used from any computer with Internet access, disregarding of where that computer is located, as long as no firewall or router is blocking the access. Please see the troubleshooting article for more information.
- App access addresses. These labels are meant to help when configuring any of the available apps. There are currently apps available for Android and iOS. Please see the specific app documentation for more information on where to put these numbers.
- Address on LAN is the address that you can use while at home, inside your own home network (or local area network - LAN). Please make sure that no firewall is blocking the access to be able to use the apps. See the troubleshooting article for more information.
- Address over the Internet is the address that you can use to access your music while away from home. Please make sure that no router or firewall is blocking the access to be able to use the apps. See the troubleshooting article for more information.
This page contains options for configuring the Helium Streamer. The following options are available:
- Web server Port. This is the port where the Helium Streamer is running. This port must not be used by any other application on the computer where Helium Streamer is running. This port is used in the address to access the Helium Streamer which you can see on the General page in the Helium Streamer Launcher. If you want to change the port that Helium Streamer is running under, please change the value of the port and click the Apply button.
- The Database section displays which database that the Helium Streamer is using. If Helium is installed on the same computer as Helium Streamer this will be automatically configured. Click the Change database button if you have anyther Helium compatible database that you want to connect the Helium Streamer to.
- Default user. This option lets you secure the Helium Streamer with a password. Just type in a password in the Password box and click Apply to set a password. The default user has the password admin until you change it, which is highly recommended.
This page contains your license information - if you have purchased and unlocked the Helium Streamer. The Helium Streamer will not operate before entering your license details here.
Helium Streamer works in all the major web browsers such as Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer and Opera.
To run Helium Streamer in your browser, start the Helium Streamer Launcher and click the address link to the right of Address on LAN.