To make a SQL Server work in the most optimal way with Helium 12 and Helium Streamer we recommend you to perform some adjustements to the default configuration.
In order to perform these configurations you need to use the Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) tool.
SSMS can be downloaded for free from:
After you have downloaded and installed SSMS, please follow the steps below:
- Start Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS).
- In the Connect to Server dialog, make sure that the following options are selected (if you have used the proposed default settings in the Installing SQL Server Express guide)
Server type: Database Engine
- Server name: .\sqlexpress
- Authentication: Windows Authentication
- Server type: Database Engine
- Click the Connect button to connect to this server.
- Right-click on the top item (your server instance) in the Object Explorer pane and select Properties.
- In the Server Properties window, click on Security in the left pane.
- Make sure that SQL Server and Windows Authentication mode is selected under the Server authentication section (this may already be the case).
- Click on the Connections entry in the left pane.
- Set Maximum number of concurrent connections to 0.
- Under Remote server connections, set Remote query timeout to 0.