It is possible to add shortcuts to any external applications that you would like to start from Helium.
External applications can be started with the selected music files as a parameter, so you can start virtually any application that will take music files as parameters.
External applications are available from context menues for track lists.
Managing external applications
Configure which external applications that should be available from Tools > Options > External applications.
The following variables can be used as parameters:
- %fullfilename% will be replaced with the path and the filename for the selected file. The result will be surrounded with quotes.
- %filename% will be replaced with the filename for the selected file, without the path. The result will not be surrounded with quotes.
- %directory% will be replaced with the path for the selected file. The result will not be surrounded with quotes.
- %files% will be replaced with a list of all selected files, separated by space. Each filename will be surrounded with qutes.
- %wait% will force Helium to wait for the external application to be closed before the execution will continue. If the %refresh% parameter is used, %wait% should also be set.
- %refresh% will refresh the selected files in the library after the execution of the external application has finished. This parameter is recommended to be used if the external application modifies tag and/or files properties for the involved files.
Note: If you are using the %refresh% parameter, %wait% will automatically be used.