Since Helium version 17, support for old visualization plug-ins has been discontinues to favour a true 64-bit version of Helium.
As a replacement for the old plug-ins, we have added support for a new plug-and-play visualization technology based on so called shaders.
These visualizations comes with full hardware rendering support by using OpenGL and to get the most out of the visualizations it requires a "good" graphics card. Please note that certain shaders can consume more power than others.
Visualizations are available from:
- The visualizations icon in the player (open the full screen view)
- The right side bar under the visuals tab (docks the visualization in the right sidebar)
When the visualizations are shown, the following options can be accessed via the right-click menu:
- Single: Shows a single visualization
- Cycle: Cycle through a list of visualizations
- Slide: Plays a specific slide show of visualizations
- Load: Load a single visualization
- Load slideshow: Load a defined slideshow of visualizations
- Settings: Open settings
From Settings you can control:
- The rendering quality. Lower quality yields faster execution
- The cycle speed in seconds