Start a new topic
Implemented

Option: show separate stereo waveforms

I would like to get an option to see two separate waveforms on the waveform slider.

Fixed in #528

This might be a possible future updated, when everything else is closed and considered as working.

>>>>Once again my question: do you render the waveforms / spectrogram every 50ms? >>For the waveform yes, since it is very quick. For the spectogram no, since it is slow. Do you consider not to do it on waveforms too - it's creating up to 20% load on my Atom x5-Z8300...

>>I guess you calculate the waveform from the unfiltered file - is it possible to use (album) gain?

It does not seem like that, since the gain is applied in real-time. (Not know during reading of the audio-data)

>>Once again my question: do you render the waveforms / spectrogram every 50ms?

For the waveform yes, since it is very quick. For the spectogram no, since it is slow.

I will probably add a setting for the spectogram which controls the quality of the spectogram (FFT size).

Speed results for spectogram (initial render or when size is changed), startsize 1920*160 pixles:

• FFT 16384 bytes:1265ms
  • FFT 8192 bytes: 735ms
  • FFT 4096 bytes: 453ms
  • FFT 2048 bytes: 297ms
  • FFT 1024 bytes: 235ms
  • FFT 512 bytes: 188ms

The result is extremely well detailed when using an FFT buffer with 16384 bytes, but 2048 works also well.

>> It becomes a bit compact but might work.

Looks good for me at 80px. ;-)

>> Song with low volume:
I guess you calculate the waveform from the unfiltered file - is it possible to use (album) gain?

>> CPU speed is issue with 50ms update.
Once again my question: do you render the waveforms / spectrogram every 50ms?

Here's a test (using 160px height):

Standard track:

Swipe on right channel:

Sinus on left channel:

Song with low volume:

It becomes a bit compact but might work. CPU speed is issue with 50ms update.

Will this work?

Edit:

A last one in dark theme, showing differances in left and right channels:

yes.. should be

if not eat to much CPU that is the one trouble with WPF

greets

Login or Signup to post a comment