Start a new topic
Implemented

New Statistic: Bar Chart by YEAR

I would like to see the distribution by year of my entire collection. Something looking like "Played Weeks" in "Listening Habits", but by year in collection instead.

1 person likes this idea

@Sven: Typo fixed for next build. A new tab will not be created for now.

>>Now I have a big question mark above my head...

Not sure what to do with this one, I did some quick tests which seemed correct. Bad data in database?

Any reproduction possible?

Well I thought releases by release year would show the count of releases, but it does in fact show tracks by release year - I would really prefer to see the release count in this chart...

Then I tried to check the values against my database with this:
SELECT relyear, Count(Detail_ID) FROM `tbldetail` WHERE relyear > 0 GROUP BY relyear ORDER BY relyear ASC

This gave me different values than Helium did.

But now I've realized that you're using this:
SELECT ReleaseYear, SUM(TotalItems) FROM `tblalbums` WHERE ReleaseYear > 0 GROUP BY ReleaseYear ORDER BY ReleaseYear ASC

Which creates the same values as Helium does, so there's somewhere somehow a discrepancy between my tracks and album tables...

So the question mark above my head does not mean "Where do you get your values?" anymore, but "Why is there a discrepancy in my database?"... ;-)

If the database comes from an old Helium version it might be caused by this. Someway back in time (Helium 10.x something) album summary updates was not always properly executed, something that was corrected in Helium 11.

The best idea I got is that you create a script that executes some SQL per-album that will update the item count (possibly)

Beta 3:
Releases by release year still shows track count. Either rename the graph to Tracks by release year or use release count.
As mentioned before, I prefer the latter. ;-)

From my point of view: perfect! ;-)

Login or Signup to post a comment