Thanks for the video Carl.Very good input!
I will directly try to see if I can reproduce this. (I tested with a single CD album, where everything worked)
Another thing that would be really great if you could test is to:
1) Create a new database (SqlCompact is fine)
2) Add this album to the new database
3) Perform the same tagging
Will this reproduce the problem?
I tried to reproduce this issue with a similar folder setup (I think) but during my test it worked. Please see this video:
If you can reproduce it with a clean database as asked for above, I suspect that it *might* depend on either/or a combination of your folder structure (full path to the album files) or the existing tags on the files.
Therefore it would be great depending on your result if ou can share your full path of the album files with us together with the files so that we can perform a detailed analysis of your data.
I would if so recommend you to share the files with us over a support ticket to avoid sharing them in public.
Ok Made new database with sqlcompact with same album. Artist/ all tracks select both cds edit tags etc save and eveything as it should be....all ok :) Back in to artist/album view and still showing as two separate cds. So multi select both albums. List comes up ok but although track names and numbers are correct they are out of order so order by cd number then hold shift and select track order. Now everthing is correct tag name, tag track number and tag cd number. Select ok and it cross tagged all the files again???? very strange.
Ok, thanks. Possibly this might be related to some existing data in your database then in combination with existing tag data?
What we then can do is then that you create a backup of your database and share with us together with the files when in the video.
We can then restore the database and perform the exact same tagging test to see which result we will get.
Would it be possible if you share these files with us?
Thanks in advance.
M:\My Music\Nightwish\Dark_Passion_Play-2007-[japan edition]l\CD 2 (versión Instrumental)\201-nightwish-the_poet_and_the_pendulum.mp3
M:\My Music\Nightwish\Dark_Passion_Play-2007-[japan edition]l\CD 1\01_-_Poet_and_the_Pendulum.mp3
folder structure for cd1 and 2.. I see where you're coming from but files been there for as long as i remember.
Thanks. I will set up this folder structure with a test album to see which result I get.
I still think that it is database/tag related though, but I will report my results soon.
I have now performed the test with two different albums using the described album structure, using a SqlCompact database.
These tests works as expected, e.g. no offset errors occured.
Therefore it would be realy great if you can share your database and files with us so that we can continue to test this.
Big thanks in advance.
I managed to reproduce the bug on my PC too
my PC is Win764bit and different from your Win10
yet same problem
We have now made several tests with Carl's data and files and could find out that the files contained tags with incorect contents, but we were not able to reproduce the exact problem when a tagging phase from Helium would break any tags.
The good thing is that we have hopefully also found a solution where it works for Carl, so we now consider this issue solved.
If anyone else can reproduce similar issues, please let us know.
The reason for Carls issue related to his database as well as what existed in his tags.
We could not see the exact error you were getting in your movie, but we recorded a similar screencast illustrating that this works.
In short this was what we did:
1) Selected all files from an album
2) Opened the Tag editor
3) Sorted tracks by clicking the track column
4) Filled in subtitle in descending order for each track when the list was sorted. Please note that you can see which file that is being edited at the top (it is prefixed with the track number)
5) Saved the changed
6) The subtitle was properly visualised after tagging in the track list (you can see the track number in a column to the left of the subtitle column, #)
7) Opened the tagged files with the Tag editor
Result: Subtitle and Track number were in sync. No data were lost after tagging.
If you still experience a problem in your workflow we need to get a copy of your database as well as the files involved in your reproduction to be able to test this in detail, as we did for Carl.
Please contact us at http://support.imploded.com if you need any further assistance.
If you are using the default database type (SqlCompact), it will be located in:
C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\Imploded Software\Helium 12\Databases
It's name is default.sdf or a similar name.
The filename is correct, but the tags are completely wrong...