Start a new topic
Solved

tagging and refreshing

v 14.7.16417 (beta) / win 10 pro 64 bit

1) tagged some mp3 with lyrics via plugin, neither update db nor sync show the indicator for lyric-tagged files (column "contain lyrics")

2) advanced tag editor: player bar -  play, skip etc. doesn't work

3) after tagging a file, the album folder is empty. only a switch between an other album and than back shows the content of the tagged album. there is no automatic refresh of the album

tagging.JPG
(18.4 KB)
player1.JPG
(12.3 KB)
lyrics.JPG
(43.9 KB)

Thanks for your report.

Comments follows below:

>> 1) tagged some mp3 with lyrics via plugin, neither update db nor sync show the indicator for lyric-tagged files (column "contain lyrics") 

We tried to reproduce this the following way:

1) Opened a mp3 file which does not contains lyrics with the Tag editor

2) Downloaded lyrics, lyrics became visible in the Lyrics column

3) Saved changed

4) Opened file via Properties, USLT tag with lyrics was properly written.

5) Created a search with "Has lyrics = yes", the tagged file was returned in the result.

So, during our tests it seems to have worked as it should, both on a file-level and on a database-level.

Did you did any additional step which we missed in the above description?

Which file type does this relate to in your test and which database type are you using?

>> 2) advanced tag editor: player bar -  play, skip etc. doesn't work 

This seems to work without any issues during our tests. Tested with FLAC and MP3 files.

>> 3) after tagging a file, the album folder is empty. only a switch between an other album and than back shows the content of the tagged album. there is no automatic refresh of the album 

We did this test when we tested the lyrics issue above.

Starting the album details, the view properly updated after tagging.

Did you used another view than album details?

1) Different types/contents

a) USLT, Description: , Content: <style type="text/css">

b) USLT, Description: , Content: Ich wurde hier geboren, zwischen Torf und Grog

a) = copy and paste from google search

b) = lyrics plugin

2) No idea why, but player panel doesn't work.

3) my standard view ist music explorer

Where can I check which database I use? I use standard installation from HMM.

1) Regaring the different content:

Helium support USLT tags with rich text formatting, therefore "default" styling will be applied when lyrics are edited withing the editor.

Downloaded lyrics does not contain any formatting.

It should not matter if the contents contains formatting or not, as long as lyrics exists they should show up. (Both your cases tested as described and lyrics are shown).

This might be a specific issue related to files and/or your database. I would recommend that you open up a support ticket for further assistance since no files should be shared here.

2) Same as in #1, seems like a specific machine case.

3) We will retest this in a short while.

You can see which database you are using from LIbrary management.

Thanks. I use SQLite as db-system

Since you are using SQLite it should be no problems at all.

Please open a support ticket from here:

http://imploded.freshdesk.com/

When you post your ticket, please include a file-share (Dropbox, OneDrive, WeTransfer or similar) containing a backup of your database (you do not need to include pictures and settings) 

I have no refreshing:

property: expected content

displayed: unexpected content

Discussion continued in the support channel. Still not reproducable after testing with the users database.

2) advanced tag editor: player bar -  play, skip etc. doesn't work

Works now if "Use WASAPI" is active in settings > Player

1) tagged some mp3 with lyrics via plugin, neither update db nor sync show the indicator for lyric-tagged files (column "contain lyrics")

Idea: Is it possible that missing refresh depends on APE-tags in MP3?

>> neither update db nor sync show the indicator for lyric-tagged files (column "contain lyrics") 

I would suggest you to open a support case fot this and share a sample audio file plus reproduction steps which can be used to reproduce this issue.

During our initial tests we could not force this to happen (tested with SQLite and MySql)

Login or Signup to post a comment