Start a new topic
Answered

struggling with sorting tracks upon current track

Hi Forum

I'm a beginner with the current helium 13, for years I was using the previous version(s).

I don't get a setting, that all tracks in (any) tracklist are sorted by Current Track property. There is no problem to set the sorting of column Current Track in the listview of tracks. But for one thing; I dont get a real understanding of the View-Options and on  the other hand I don't understand, why the last setting of a list don't appears next time I open the list...

Do I missunderstand a concept, or is there a bug? I played around with View Options, but without an recognition of a system...

Another thing i'm not amused about the version 13 is, if I directly want to play a album with the "playbutton" on the album(-picture) the tracks always are queued not sorted by CurrentTrack number. Thats really unconfortable anyway... but specially for me as an audiobook listeneder... :-(

Best Answer

This fixed and some other corrections and minor improvements are now available in our most recent official version.

Thanks to Erwin for helping us tracking down this one!

Hi Patrik,

We are aware that there are a couple of glitches when it comes to default sort order and we are currently looking into this. It's the same reason why your albums aren't properly queued also. Let us dig into this and we'll report back to this thread.

1 person likes this

Thank for fixing these issues... i've not testet all for now, but the things I can see at first sight, are promising.

A real big thanks from switzerland!

Hi,

the sort issue isn't solved in Version: 13.6.15187.0, ist it?

See the attached screen shots.

By the way, I'm using MySQL Version 8

BR

Erwin

No it isn't. It seems it was coincidence, it was workin one or two times... now it's the same mess with sorting I've been too early pleased;-)

@Erwin: Which sort order settings do you use for the Track list and which sort order settings do you use for the Releases view(?) in screenshot1.jpg?

Any additional reproduction information is welcome.

Hi Mikael,

is this option the one you are looking for?

BR

Erwin

Yes, thanks Erwin.

I will try to use your settings and see if I can reproduce the broken ordering.

If you have a reproduction case that always generates bad order (starting with a clean Play Queue), please let me know

Thanks.

Sure, it's reproducable with (at least) both releases I mentioned in my first reply to this topic.

What do you need? The zipped SQL for the database?

BR Erwin

Yes, that would be very helpful :)

Please open a support ticket for this to avoid sharing your database officially.

Thanks!

sorry, but I get this: 

Exceeds attachments size(Not Added)

It's just 22 MB "small"

Shall I send it simply via Email - if possible?

You can share it via DropBox, OneDrive or a similar filesharing service of your choise.

Please send the URL to the shared file as a support ticket.

Hi Mikael

thanks for taking care. I checked my installed Version: 13.6.15187.0 versus 13.6.15193.0 with the following result:

Version: 13.6.15187.0

- I've randomly picked 10 releases with wrong sort order plus 5 releases with right sort order

Version: 13.6.15193.0

- Then I've updated to the Beta-Version: 13.6.15193.0 and checked the 10 + 5 releases again

--> All releases are sorted / still sorted in the right order. Great

IMHO: Issue solved

Many thanks

BR

Erwin

Answer

This fixed and some other corrections and minor improvements are now available in our most recent official version.

Thanks to Erwin for helping us tracking down this one!

just to be clear; there are still some issues with sorting, isnt it?

Login or Signup to post a comment