Start a new topic
Solved

Problems reading album art when adding to library....

 Using latest version: 14.1.16160.0 on windows 10 x64

Foldername: c:\testfolder

Content:
audiobook.mp3
audiobook.jpg
audiobook.nfo


Verifyied that the tag versions is ID3v2.3 with albumart included... with Mp3tag...

Adding c:\testfolder to library with "Add files to Library..."

Helium adds the album and reads the tag correctly but DO NOT ADD the albumart.

Remove testfolder from helium library by marking folder and pressing DEL, selecting "Remove from Libreary only" and OK

Then i move/delete "audiobook.jpg" out of the folder...

Readding c:\testfolder to library with "Add files to Library..."

Album appear with all info AND albumart....


I can not get it to read albumart when there are a image file in the same folder as audiofiles....

Added a rarfile with the random files i used to test with....

Hope this is good enough :)
rar
(19.5 MB)

Hi,


Thanks for the test file and the reproduction description.


We tried to reprodice this issue the following way:

1) Extracted the contents of the RAR file into a folder

2) Created a new SQLitem database with Helium 14.1

3) Added the folder to the library, Add pictures from tags was checked


Result:

The file was added properly, and the album cover was properly assigned to the release in Helium.


If you perform the same test with version 14.1 will you still get same issue?

No luck.... even on a new db...


Took  an image of my system and did a basic reinstall...

Then it worked fine.... Somting must have gone fubar on me...


Why did it work on mediafiles that had no imagefiles in the same directory but not if it was one there??... strange...


Hmmm... testing some more.....


... it still happens...

Only removal of all imagefiles in afflicted folder or making a new database and rescanning ALL the files fixes it... and then after working with the adding of albumart it pops up again....


Strange and anoying thing this.... as its no event i can say.. "This is what trigger it" :(


Another possible lrelated thing with this...


Two folders:

FolderA

  audiofile.mp3


FolderB

  audiofile.mp3


Both mp3 with valid tags named exactly the same.... one show up with albumart and the other without...



We tried to reproduce this last case by copying one file and created a folder structure as described.

After adding the files, they both showed up with proper tags as designed.


According to what you describe, it seems like the problem might relate to specific data in your database.

We would suggest you to open a support ticket from http://support.imploded.com to get further assistance.

Hmmm... after a night with testing...

Found somting... starge....


Seems Helium dont read albumart from any ID3v2.4 files.... When i change it to ID3v2.3 it reads it just fine.......

Is helium HARDLOCKED to ID3V2.3... I know it dont like earlier tag versions and just gets kida "stubbon like a todder" about them....

No absolutely not. ID3v2.4 is default in Helium, ID3v2.3 is supported for compatibility reasons but it is not recommended unless you need it for external compatibility.

During my tests presented above, I used ID3v2.4 together with your files.

Strange....

Need sleep then more testing....

I just got a license to test out with mysql... and will try with databases/art on a dedicated ssd drive here...


Im totaly stumped sofar.....


Closed as not reproducable. If you can identify a reproduction guide, please open a support ticket from our support center.

Login or Signup to post a comment